The company does not condone any money laundering activity on our platform, whether resulting from a direct or indirect use of our services and supports the fight against money launderers. Stellar Finance follows the latest prescribed guidelines on the prevention and countering of money laundering activities together with terrorist financing.
To ensure compliance with the latest international standards on the fight against money laundering, Customer Due Diligence (CDD) procedures are mandatory for any client before proceeding with the activation of a trading account.
What is Customer Due Diligence (CDD)?
Customer Due Diligence is information that comprises of facts about a client, which should enable an organization to assess the extent to which the customer exposes it to a range of risks. These risks include money laundering and terrorist financing.
The practice of Client Due Diligence (CDD) is applicable during on-boarding and on-going review. Essential elements of CDD are:
- Obtaining documents to gather information for identification
- Verifying the authenticity of gathered information
- Ongoing monitoring of client activity for any irregularities
- Contact with Clients from time to time to ensure the provided information are up to date and relevant
Stellar Finance reserves the right to refuse, to terminate any business relationship, and to cancel any operation of clients who do not comply with our anti-money laundering policy:
- Online traders should provide all information required for registration and verification.
- The earnings will be paid to the person who first registered for an account online.
- When a client maintains an account through wire transfers, the gains will be solely paid to the owner of the originating bank account. When deposits are made in this way, it is the responsibility of the live trader to ensure that the trader’s account number and the registered name of the account owner accompany every transfer to Stellar Finance.
- When an account is funded using a credit card or debit card, the winnings will be solely paid to the person whose name appears on the card used to make the deposit and Stellar Finance will not be reimbursed on the same card.
- No gains can be levied on accounts opened under false names or multiple accounts opened by the same person.
- Stellar Finance may, from time to time at its sole discretion, require from a client to provide additional proof of identity such as a notarized copy of passport or other means of identity verification as deemed necessary and may, at its sole discretion, suspend an account until the required proof is provided.